Don forget to register to attend the coming Dtec Learning Course on "Raising Capital in a Competitive Environment" on Sunday 10th of December from 2:00 pm to 5:00 pm in the new Dtec learning Zone.
The course will cover the following topic areas and discussion points:
The Current Market Environment
- What deals have you heard about?
- What deals have you NOT heard about?
- Which stage startups are having more success in raising capital in the UAE?
Main Sources of Funding for Startups
- Who are the main sources of funding?
- How do they differ between each other?
- What are the names and details of the prominent players in the UAE and wider Gulf Region?
What Do They Look for and How Do they Measure Performance and Success?
- Angel Investors
- Investment Funds & Family Offices
- Venture Capitalists
- Crowd Funding Platforms
- What questions do they ask and how can you prepare and be ready?
- How long before you need capital should you be starting the process of speaking to investors?
Case Study: Dtec Success Stories
The cost to attend this in depth workshop is AED 250 for Dtec members and AED 350 for non members.
- What made them stand out?
- What challenges and hurdles did they face?
- Did they raise the amount they expected and what changed after the initial round of funding?
- How have they fared after the round of funding and what advice would they give other startups?
About the Speaker:
Ali Mawji, CFA is actively involved in the startup scene in Dubai. He advises a number of family offices and high net worth individuals on investments in high growth startups within the region. He has advised startup companies from a range of industries and coaches them on ensuring they are well suited towards his clients investment portfolios.
Ali previously worked as a structured products salesperson at UBS Investment Bank and has also delivers financial training to investment banks, private banks, asset managers, and sovereign wealth funds. His background and track record enable him to train across many organisations at all levels within the firm, and geographically across Europe, United States, Middle East and Asia.
He has a particular passion for startups and helping them develop and work through the maze of the investment world. He has a very interactive training style ensuring complex subject areas are delivered in a clear and easy to comprehend manner.
We look forward to your participation.
Please, click the green button to register.